One of my goals this year was to try something new each month.
This month that opportunity arrived by way of a parcel from my mother. Amongst other things – she sent us a package of Annie Chun’s Roasted Seaweed Snacks. Wasabi flavor. On the package it says “Savory roasted Korean seaweed with wasabi.” There is also a heat index which races all the way to the “Hot” scale. So I should not have been surprised that when my youngest son and I put a serving into our mouths – our eyes began leaking streams of water.
In the words of my husband . . . “HOT.”
But. They are VERY good! I found out later that my mother puts the seaweed sheet “chips” onto sandwiches. Which is an excellent idea. That would temper the heat – and make them less awkward to eat, too. But they were delicious.
Now I just have to find out where I can buy them.
I enjoyed being part of a 101 things to do in 1001 days . . . but found that, for myself, I tended to put things off because I had viewed things as my having a very LONG time to accomplish said goals.
Always made the last 4 months of that venture very, very busy. ;o)
Which doesn’t work for me.
A dear friend of mine wrote out her list – and I felt inspired to do the same. The only exception being that I will be working on this list of 101 things during the whole of 2013. We’ll see how that goes. So, here is my task list:
101 things for 2013
Mind (and Peace of Mind):
1. Read 1oo books for the year.
2. Transfer Dreamwidth entries into hard copy journal.
3. Delete unused online accounts.
4. Fill out a “Before It’s Too Late” book.
5. Write my will.
6. Decorate home. (Progress updates and photos will be posted on this website.)
7. Clear out closet in master bedroom.
8. Create a successful, fully funded Indiegogo campaign.
9. Get back to once-a-month cooking practices. Paleo style.
10. Begin to write letters, again.
11. Reach ideal weight.
12. Follow a Paleo lifestyle. At least more times than not.
13. Mammogram. Yay.
14. Make necessary appointments with doctors.
15. Get hair cut, permed and colored.
16. Take walks more often.
17. Begin to train for jogging/running.
18. Participate in a Marathon. (I’ve been inspired by a friend to take this on…)
19. Revamp wardrobe.
20. Retro styling for clothing, hair and make-up.
21. Date night once per month.
22. Try 1 new thing per month. (January – Roasted seaweed, wasabi flavor)
23. Participate in social and/or hobby events. In the “real” world.
24. Meet a local friend.
25. Read “Younger by the Day” each day.
26. Learn to accept the things I cannot change.
27. Work diligently on the things that I can change.
28. Listen to music more often.
29. Go on artist-dates 1 time per month. By myself.
30. Set up a pamper basket and shelf.
All items back from P.S. (February 6, 2013)
32. Sell unneeded/unused items on Craigslist.
33. Pay off G.I.
34. Repay D.
35. Repay J.
36. Payments to H.
37. Payments to J.
Sign up for Jamberry. (January 11, 2013)
40. Have 3 months of expenses in savings account.
Obtain website and get it going. (Obtained on January 11, 2013)
Obtain business cards.
43. Social networking accounts active.
44. Cultivate mailing list.
Script prepared for C. (March 16, 2013)
Script prepared for D. (March 24, 2013)
Script prepared for J. (April 5, 2013)
Script prepared for P&T. (April 12, 2013)
49. Create press kit.
50. Send scripts with press kits.
Create pricing sheet.
52. Design Moo Card items.
53. Attend Darwin’s meetings.
54. Develop a social means of gathering the magical community.
55. Sponsor social events at home.
Renew my website. (April 20, 2013)
Edit my website. (January 27, 2013)
58. Obtain new business cards.
59. Write RfR.
60. Get RfR published.
61. Obtain an agent.
62. Develop a column for traditional newspaper or magazine.
63. Write an article for Magic (or Genii) Magazine.
64. Get a P.O. Box.
65. Social media accounts more active.
66. Create press kit.
67. Create a mission statement.
68. Decide on (and publish) an e-book.
Fill out Linked In profile. (1/9/2013)
70. Fill out Examiner profile.
Get website going. (Facebook page, instead.)
72. Paint the house interiors. (Yes. such things affect The Business.)
Purchase TV mount. (February 9, 2013)
74. Obtain/create extra seating.
75. Purchase (or sew) full length curtains as a backdrop for taping and/or performances.
76. Finish refinishing furniture pieces.
77. Obtain lighting equipment.
78. Create press kits. Create glossies for Don.
79. Get appropriate license(s) and business cards.
Renew Don’s website.
82. Obtain liability insurance.
83. Social media accounts active.
84. YouTube videos submitted to E.D.
85. Don member of I.B.M., Magic Castle and Win-Win.
86. Family trip to Disneyland.
87. Photograph a Disney Alphabet.
88. First fitness goal reached = wrist tattoo
89. Second fitness goal reached = permanent eyeliner and lipstick
90. Third fitness goal reached = “Steel & Roses” tattoo on spine. (This is special to me as it is a phrase that a dear friend once used in reference to me when I was going through a difficult time. She had said “Good job you’re made of steel and roses” – I have wanted a Steel & Roses tattoo, ever since.)
91. Learn to crochet.
92. Prove lineage for membership to DAR.
93. Learn how to do extreme couponing.
94. Have a $500 total which is entirely paid for using coupons.
95. Visit Sacramento.
96. Watch Dr. Who (On Amazon Prime, maybe?)
97. Use hair chalks.
98. Work jigsaw puzzles as a means of enjoyment and relaxation.
99. See Celine Dion’s show.
100. Take a gondola ride at the Venetian.
101. Have dinner at one of Gordon Ramsay’s restaurants.
. . . It will be a busy year.
Happy New Year, everyone!