1. You find yourself in possession of a mystical pen. One simple sentence that you write will become an absolute fact, and thereafter, the pen will vanish. What would you write?
This is a really good (though very tough) question. With the power of being able to make written word law (so to speak) there would also be incurred damages brought about by that written “wish.” To Write “Let there be no more illness” would wreak havoc with world population numbers…..
To write “Let there be no more suffering” takes away the life-lessons from which most humans learn and the very experiences that allow us to grow as human beings. These experiences also give us compassion and empathy ~ so those experiences should not be written away…..
So, I guess, in answer to the question I would write:
“Grant each person the ability to achieve what they only dare to dream.”
2. In exchange for becoming permanently blind, you could gain the ability to send a sort of magical eye to anywhere you wanted in the world, no matter how vaguely you described it, and ‘see’ what is happening there for an hour every day. Would you take the deal?
No, I wouldn’t take the deal.
I don’t have great eyesight already so I know the value of being able to see ~ no matter how blurry (or dull) the everyday images might be.
3. A monument is being erected in your honour. What’s the caption?
Whatever You Do
Whomever You’ve Met
Live Each Day Fully
And Without Regret.
4. If you could inherit any one memory from any one ancestor, what would it be?
I would want to inherit the memory of my maternal great-grandmother regarding who the father was of my maternal grandfather. She carried that information with her to her grave. My lack of knowledge in that area makes further genealogical research a real mess of a project.
5. You can step inside any one movie and interact with the characters, even change the outcome. Which movie, and what would you do?
Well, the movie ending which really bothers me is from “Titanic.”
I’d change the movie in such a way as to have the child which Rose has later on be Jack’s child. And she wouldn’t have gotten married to a different person, either. (Though I did like the scene which reunited her with Jack. That scene can stay!)